Make icon insertion even easier and insert icons into menu items with the Pro Version!
NS FontAwesome allows you to use CSS classes to display icons. No images to load just pure CSS icons.
Here's an example html string to insert an icon:
<i class="fa fa-bar-chart-o fa-4"></i>
You can place Font Awesome icons in articles and modules.
A few things to note:
- Most Joomla editors will strip out tags when you save. To work around this issue you should either disable the editor or be sure to switch to html mode before saving or configure your editor not to clean HTML on save.
- Each icon needs the 'fa' class along with the specific icon class.
- There are some size classes already in the CSS. Just use 'fa-1 though 'fa-6'
- You can set colors via your own custom CSS.
- Inserting icons into menu items with the free version is possible but requires a work around using another extension like Rok Macros since Joomla will strip out HTML in menu item names. The Pro version adds a FA tab in the Joomla menu settings making icon insertion a breeze without additional extensions.
You can find a list of icons and their classes here: FontAwesome.io
Currently uses FontAwesome 4.6.3 which includes 634 icons.
NS FontAwesome is FREE to download and use however, support is not provided for the free version.