- Text Field
- Text Block
- Select List
- Check Boxes
- Radio Buttons
- Terms of Service
To create a custom field go to the backed of your site and navigate to Components > NS Download Shop > Fields and click "New".
1. Insert a Name for your field.
2. Insert a Label for your field. This will be the visible field label on the front end.
3. Select a field type.
4. Click "Save"
5. The Required field setting will force users to fill out a field if it is set to "Required" otherwise they can submit the field empty if it is set to "Optional"
6. The Integration Field is used if you need to integrate the field with another extensions such as Community Builder or JomSocial.
Some example of field integration possibilities are as follows:
NSDS Field Name JomSocial Value Community Builder Value
Organization FIELD_ORGANIZATION cb_company
Website FIELD_WEBSITE website
Address FIELD_ADDRESS address
City FIELD_CITY city
State FIELD_STATE state
Zip FIELD_ZIPE zipcode
Country FIELD_COUNTRY country
Phone FIELD_PHONE phone
7. When selecting Select List, Check-box or Radio Buttons an options field will be displayed where you can insert a value for each select-list selection/check-box/radio button you need. Place one option on each line.
Aside from the ability to make a field required, the custom fields do not have any submission validation functionality at this time.
Terms of Service
One field type is the Terms of Service. The terms of service field allows you to select a standard Joomla article that will insert a "I agree to the terms of service" checkbox during checkout. The text is linked and when clicked will open your terms in a popup modal box so users can read your terms without leaving the checkout page.
You must first create a normal Joomla article containing the text of your terms. Then add the custom field in NSDS and select the article from the article select.
You can easily change the order of the fields by using the drag and drop function. When viewing the list of fields you have setup click and hold the left mouse button on the little grab handle of the field you want to move and drag it to its new location. If they little 3 dot tower handles are grayed out, click the little up/down icon at the top of the column to activate them.