Starting in version 1.1.0 we've made DropBox Authorization much easier.
1. After installing the plugin, navigate to the Remote Storage plugin's settings.
2. Click on the Authorize button. This will open a window for you to authorize the connection to your Dropbox Account.
3. Once you make the Authorization, the window will close and the Authorize button will be replaced with a green check mark.
4. If you ever need to remove the authorization, click the red X next to the authorization status.
You can now skip down do the RSForm Settings section of this document.
Old Authorization Method
You do not need to perform these steps if you used the authorization method above.
1. Login to your DropBox account.
2. Navigate your browser to https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps
3. Click on the create app button.
4. Choose the DropBox API
5. Choose the access type. We want to use the Full Access, that way you have the ability to set different folder locations if you have multiple forms.
6. Name your app. Use lowercase letters and numbers and hyphens if necessary. Avoid spaces and special characters. Note the name of your app will be part of the folder name. If you name it "my-form-uploads" your files, once uploaded will be located in Apps/my-form-uploads/
The other settings available within the DropBox App creation process are optional. You can fill in the extra details/settings or you can leave them blank.
Once you inserted a name, hit the Create App button to continue.
7. Generate an Access Token.
8. Go back to your plugin settings and copy/paste your access token into the plugin settings and hit the Save & Close button.