PROHIBITED CONTENT AND ACTIVITIES
- Illegal Activity
- Service Interruptions
- Personal Information Harvesting
- Investment sites
- Personal Backups
- Adult Content
- Abusive Scripts/Processes
- IRC Bots/Bouncers
- BitTorrent Software
- Anonymous Proxies
- Network Daemons
- eMail Usage
Customer may only use Natural Selection Web Hosting's Servers for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation of any Country, Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited. To this effect, child pornography is strictly prohibited as well as housing any copyrighted information (to which the customer does not hold the copyright or an appropriate license) on Natural Selection Web Hosting Servers. Also, using Natural Selection's servers or network to conspire to commit or support the commission of illegal activities is forbidden as well.
Websites dedicated to the discussion of hacking activities or the distribution of hacking tools are prohibited. Also, the usage of Natural Selection's computer systems or network to access any system, service, or network without the owner's consent is expressly forbidden.
Any activity which causes service interruptions to either Natural Selection's network/servers or any outside network. This includes, but is not limited to, the execution of Denial of Service attacks or other maliciously configured software.
Customer agrees to not have any content on their site that advocates, sells or in any way makes available tools or methods to send unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings (spam), or to use Natural Selection Hosting's Servers for relaying unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings, or to use unsolicited e-mail or usenet postings to advertise for their site hosted at Natural Selection. Any complaint we receive about a violation of this or the preceding two points will be taken very seriously and will result in immediate account cancellation without a refund.
Personal Information Harvesting
Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other personal identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting).
You agree that if the Natural Selection's IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database or blacklist like Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and we may take reasonable action to protect our IP numbers.
FOREX, egold exchange, etc. are not permitted on Natural Selection servers.
Usage of the Natural Selection's network to impersonate another person or entity, be it through Email, Internet Forums, or any other means, is strictly prohibited. This includes spoofing email or network packet headers whether or not it is done for malicious purposes.
Customer agrees to not engage in activities pertaining to Black Hat SEO, Spamdexing, and so-called "Scraper sites." These can all have a severely detrimental effect on server performance and are not permitted.
Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against Natural Selection's network or website, or Natural Selection's employees or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS) is subject to removal.
The customer agrees to make use of Natural Selection's Web Hosting servers primarily for the purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. Data uploaded must be primarily for this purpose. Natural Selection's Web Hosting servers are not intended as a data backup or archiving service. Natural Selection Web Hosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges with the Customer and/or the discontinuation of the backups/archives at their discretion. For personal backups we suggest using a storage service like DropBox or Amazon S3.
You agree not to run a banner exchange or any website that contains any adult images.
Any script/process/etc that adversely affects the ability of any other customer to satisfactorily use their provided services is forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to, CPU-intensive CGI/PHP scripts and websites for which the scale of traffic has exceeded the acceptable limits of a shared hosting environment.
All IRC bots and "bouncers" (bnc, etc) are forbidden.
While we recognize the value in the BitTorrent protocol as a distribution method, it is far too easily (and often accidentally) abused/misused and therefore not allowed on Natural Selection Web Hosting services.
Anonymous proxies are easily abused and often causes a negative impact on both the servers and the network they are connected to. As such all proxies are prohibited on Natural Selection's network and servers.
Any process that opens a network socket to accept connections from external networks is forbidden. Processes are allowed to bind to the local host only, but are held to the limitations placed on all other processes. They must not use up more than their fair share of resources and they must not interfere with any other customers' activities.
The following policy dictates in specific terms what is considered acceptable use of bulk email/messaging by Natural Selection. The send limit per email account is 50 per hour. If you habitually exceed the limit your hosting account may be disabled. These limits are imposed to prevent our servers from being black-listed as spammers and conform to the CAN-SPAM Act.
- Mailing list subscriber information must include the date and time that the subscription was confirmed, as well as the IP address of the subscriber at the time of the subscription. The user must be able to present this information at our request.
- Lists cannot be procured from outside parties unless the email sender has procured a list from an organization that sells or otherwise shares email distribution lists, and all of the following conditions are met:
- Records are kept of the date, time, IP address, and form location where the subscribing user signed up from.
- Lists procured from outside parties must have been consistently handled in a manner comparable to Natural Selection's policies.
- Users cannot populate lists with addresses obtained for a substantially different purpose than was originally disclosed to the user.
- All subscriptions must be re-confirmed in the manner described in Subscriptions (Section 1) before being sent bulk email messages.
- Users must not modify the headers of any message in such a way that purposefully obfuscates the origin of the message.
- Undeliverable addresses must be removed from all future mailings after no more than 5 bounces.
- Users are responsible for the practices of any affiliate program members they solicit the help of, as if they were hiring an outside advertising agency.
- Users using either outside advertising companies or 3rd party mailing programs must abide by the same policies and practices as those using Natural Selection's own bulk mailing list tools.
- All mailings must provide clear and simple to follow instructions for opting-out of future mailings, and all reasonable attempts must be made to facilitate the removal of a mailing list subscriber at their request.
- The user is advised and acknowledges that Natural Selection's electronic mail service equipment is located in the United States. In no event shall the user use our equipment in violation of anti-spam laws.
- It is strictly prohibited to use, in conjunction with, your Natural Selection account to sell software designed specifically to facilitate the practice of spamming.
- Natural Selection reserves the right to disable any account at any time should it feel there is a reasonable suspicion that it is being used in conjunction with the practice of spamming.
- Customers must substantially address all spam related inquiries within 24 hours. Failure to respond within may result in the cancellation of the user's account, without refund.